Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Becoming Famous

The article about us published in the Nanaimo Daily News

Since September 27th 2010, we've got 58 comments and 6,491 pageviews in our 20 posts here. Thanks to all our readers for this! But in this post we will share with you a funny experience. The blog is also making us “famous”! LOL.  

On Feb 12th, during another rainy Saturday in our beloved city, Renato and I went to a coffee shop in downtown for a friendly chat with Danielle Bell, reporter with the Nanaimo Daily News.  As journalists we are accustomed to ask questions and to make interviews and not to be interviewed. But the journalist was so nice and it looked like we were in a conversation among friends.

Besides some fun on the day of the interview, another surprise came when we had bought the newspaper on Feb 15th. They took a picture of the couple to be published together with the article, but, then, they cut off my dear husband from the picture. Is it possible to believe? It was not fair. Ok, we are journalists, we know that thinks like this can happen but for me it was really strange when I opened the newspaper and saw only my face there, without my dear Renato by my side.

It was the worst to endure the jokes after I published the article on my Facebook page. Some friends wrote that Renato was cut off not to take my shine away. LOL. Others said that I called the reporter and asked her to cut him off, so others would not be able to see my handsome husband in the newspaper (okay, who wrote that, in fact, were his mother and his aunt). LOL.

The important thing is that we laughed a lot and now we also have another cool story to share with you, our dear readers! For those who would like to read the article, check it out:
http://bit.ly/gUnZvZ. And at the picture above you also can see the newspaper article with my photo…only my photo. Sorry, dear husband!  I love you anyway…

No comments:

Post a Comment