Sunday, February 13, 2011

Small World

How the world is small!

As Paty and I moved from a big city (Sao Paulo - Brazil) to a really small town (Nanaimo - Canada), several people come to us saying “it is a boring thing to live in a small city, isn’t it? There is nothing to do…”. Well, Paty and I grew up in small towns and we know how that works. We know that it is not that boring. Besides, if you are really willing to do something, you will find something to do!

Plus, we would say that there is another interesting point in regards to living on a small town: you know every single person in that place. OK: it could be bad, since you can feel like you are being spied all the time. But, it could be good: if you need something, there will be someone near you that can help.

Thinking about it, some weeks ago we found out that that there was a Brazilian guy working at a car rental in Nanaimo. Since Paty and I were looking for a part time job, she phoned him and told our story. Also some weeks ago, a Brazilian girl commented on a post we wrote on this blog and told us that she was living in Nanaimo and studying at VIU. Paty answered her and they kept in touch.

So what? The funny thing is that, last week, that nice girl sent Paty a message: “Other day you talked with my husband on the phone. He told me that he had spoken with a Brazilian girl. When he told me her name, I checked on your blog, and I figure out that that this person is really you”. 

Well, small world! And good for us! Now that we had fun with the story we are going to meet them and drink a coffee as soon as we can. However, we would give you a hint: be careful about what you are doing around, especially if you are in Nanaimo! Maybe there are some “spies” around you!

1 comment:

  1. kkkk I know what you did last Summer... Lets set up this coffee and pao de queijo at my place :)

    ReplyDelete